After having made its debut in Thailand and India, the 7th generation City sedan is all set to be introduced in Malaysian market as Honda Malaysia has officially teased the all-new sedan on its Facebook page.
Details related to engine & equipment remains unknown for the Malaysian-spec City. In Thailand the City gets a 1.0 liter three-cylinder engine that churns out 122hp of power and 173Nm of torque and comes mated to a 7-speed CVT gearbox. On the other hand India gets a choice between 1.5 liter naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 121hp and 145Nm & comes paired to a 6-speed manual or CVT, and 1.5 liter diesel with 100hp & 200Nm diesel that comes paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard.
In terms of equipment the Indian City takes the lead with Honda’s LaneWatch system as well as Alexa remote capability. Other key features that are also available with the Thai version include:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist (BA)
- System Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) Emergency Stop Signal
- Hill Start Assist System
- 4 to 6 airbags
- Honda Connect system
- 8-inch touchscreen multimedia system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Smart key
- Automatic headlamps and wipers
- Paddle shifters (top-spec trims)
- Keyless entry with push button start/ stop
- Remote engine start
The takeover starts now. Don’t blink, you wouldn’t want to miss this.#yourtimeisup#allnewcity#thetakeoverstartsnow
Posted by Honda Malaysia on Friday, July 24, 2020
Honda has associated the phrases: “the game will no longer be the same” and “your time is up” with the new City teasers, so perhaps bigger things are expected to be offered in Malaysian-spec City too? We will have to wait to find out.