Indus Motor Company (IMC) celebrated the Yaris line-off ceremony on the 11th of March 2020 where first local assembled Yaris unit rolled off the assembly lines. Yaris sedan which will be slotted below the Corolla Altis variants in Pakistan is expected to be officially launched on the 27th of March 2020.
As per information, IMC will be launching the Toyota Yaris sedan in two engine capacities– 1.3L and 1.5L thus effectively taking on the Honda City and its Aspire variants. The 1.3 liter engine is 4NR-FE unit that churns out 98hp of power and 123Nm of torque, while the 1.5 liter 2NR-FE unit punches out 106hp of power and 140Nm of torque. Both the engines will come paired to either 5-speed manual or CVT gearbox options.
The 2020 Toyota Yaris will be available in 6 variants in Pakistan, the expected prices of each are mentioned below:
- 1.3L GLi MT – 23.9 lac to 24.5 lac
- 1.3L GLi CVT – 25.4 to 25.9 lac
- 1.3L Ativ MT – 24.9 lac to 25.5 lac
- 1.3L Ativ CVT – 26.5 lac to 26.9 lac
- 1.5L Ativ X MT – 26.9 lac to 27.5 lac
- 1.5L Ativ X CVT – 28.5 lac to 29.1 lac
More images here: